EA Document Workshop
This workshop teaches delegates how to confidently use the document editor to create templates that extract documentation from models held in Enterprise Architect. Delegates learn how to select and order content and define the format and layout of generated documents in MS Word, RTF and PDF formats.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of Enterprise Architect.
For on-site delivery the customer should provide a suitable training room with a screen or projector to connect to our trainer’s laptop and a whiteboard or flipchart. All delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect.
For webinar delivery delegates require a PC or laptop running Enterprise Architect with an Internet connection (a headset can be helpful). If you wish to test your environment join a test WebEx meeting: www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
A trial version of Enterprise Architect is fine for training and can be downloaded from Sparx Systems website: www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/trial.html. It is also helpful to have a mouse as this makes creating diagrams much easier.
40% theory, 60% practical.
This workshop comprises a set of targeted hands-on exercises to allow delegates to become confident creating templates and generating documentation from Enterprise Architect.
Each delegate receives a booklet containing all the workshop slides and comprehensive theory notes which form excellent reference material. Booklets also contain exercises and suggested solutions. Following successful completion of the workshop each delegate receives a certificate.
- Delegate background and objectives
- Timetable and course outline
EA Teaching – 2 hours
EA Hands-On Exercises – 4 hours
- Apply document options and filters
- Create templates using the document editor
- Define cover page and table of contents
- Create and apply style sheets
- Use project and report constants
- Add sections to content of template
- Add element fields and adjust format
- Make use of headers, footers and tables
- Structure documents with fragments
- Create complex virtual documents
- Share templates between projects